Leading sports footwear and clothing manufacturer New Balance has implemented an innovative solution to help customers select the right trainers for their individual running style. The Stride ID iPad app, designed and developed by Compsoft on behalf of New Balance, allows staff to video the customer running on an in-store track, and to annotate and compare videos to help select the right shoe.
According to Jonathan Clarke, International Retail Director of New Balance: “New Balance were looking to elevate the in-store running experience and amplify the product offering with technology. The Stride ID gait analysis app allows customers to see how their legs work when they run and enables the New Balance team to match the right shoes to their movement.”
Jonathan went on to say: “The Compsoft team were a pleasure to work with. Their mobile expertise and attention to detail have ensured that Stride ID delivers a great user experience for customers across the world, amplifying the industry-leading retail experience New Balance is offering.”
The functionality of the app includes:
• One touch video recording of a customer running on the in-store track
• Side-by-side review of two videos, with choice of independent or simultaneous play, pause and scrubbing
• Ability to graphically annotate paused video to assist gait diagnosis and highlight important areas
• Ability to take screenshots for comparison, which can also be sent to the client
• Recording of statistical details for each customer
• Localization for international use, including translations and different standards of shoe sizing
The Stride ID app has been implemented in a number of outlets as part of a roll-out to approximately 100 New Balance stores around the world which have a specific focus on performance.